Whether you’re gearing up for a road trip, about to head off to daycare or just a long stroll and a play date at the park, you’re going to need a versatile backpack that fits all the supplies ready to combat hunger and entertain your mini at the drop of a hat.
Whilst it’s all well and good to have a backpack filled with all the essentials plus the entire playroom contents, toddlers and kids want to DIY everything. You know they’re going to want to carry their backpack themselves (because #toddlerlife). Don’t worry, we’ve covered this too!
Read on for our top tips on choosing the perfect backpack for your toddler and minis…
When purchasing the best backpack for your toddler or mini, there are a few things you need to consider first:
- What are you using it for? Whether it’s a daycare bag with pre-prepared lunch or a bag for a day out that doubles as a diaper bag – know your why and make sure your bag can handle it!
- Climate and clothing? Depending on the season (and where you live) you’ll be looking to pack a few extra layers or changes for your mini and make sure they all fit neatly inside your backpack.
- Practicality? Mini backpacks can be cute but they’re not always practical – look for pockets, compartments, handy zips, bottle holders, etc. Essentially you need to be sure your backpack choice can handle toddler and mini life while also looking super stylish!
Our Kids Backpacks explained:
When creating our Kids Backpacks, we wanted to ensure they were practical, stylish and ready to take on any adventure. Designed for both boys and girls in gender neutral colours, we were determined to make them the perfect size for littles while covering off on all our non-negotiables like:
We’ve created these timeless classics, to last from your little one’s first days at childcare through to kindy, primary school and beyond.
Crafted from our signature waterproof and lightweight Nylon, featuring adjustable shoulder straps, chunky tonal Nylon zippers and top grab handle, our Kids Backpacks are tried and tested by our own little ones and have passed all the tests! Woo-hoo!
Finally, a kid’s backpack that is just the right size, large enough to fit everything they need, compact enough for them to carry and stylish enough for you to pair with any outfit (plus your own!).
In case you aren’t obsessed already, here are a few more features:
- Large front zip pocket
- Top grab handle
- Spacious main compartment with double zip closure
- Two outer elasticated bottle pockets
- Adjustable shoulder straps
- Internal slip pocket
- Chunky tonal nylon zippers
- Lightweight design
Measurements for our backpack are as follows: Width 30 cm / Height 33 cm / Depth 11 cm. Suitable for kids 1-10 years and beyond.
Our Packing List for a Toddler Day Out!
Our packing list changes with the seasons and will depend a little on the activity we are packing for but by and large, these are our go-to packing essentials for a day out with our Kids Backpack:
- Water Bottle (we are loving the Liewood drink bottles which fit perfectly inside our Kids Backpack elasticated bottle pockets)
- 4 Diapers (you can never have too many!)
- TNS padded change mat (from the insert or stroller caddy)
- Packet of baby wipes
- Snacks, snacks and more snacks!
- Spare change of clothes
- A favourite toy
- A beanie or hat packed into the front zipper pocket with sunscreen depending on the weather + 2021 must-have hand sanitizer
- Cute keyring!